1 Information about us
- The website is operated by the UCAS Group of Companies, which means UCAS and its subsidiaries from time to time and their subsidiaries, ("we" "us", "our" or "UCAS" as the context permits).
- Details about us are set out on our company registration page. If you have any questions regarding the terms and conditions, you should contact the Company Secretary at the address set out on the company registration page.
2 Changes to the terms
- We reserve the right at all times to vary, change, alter, amend, add to or remove any of these terms. Please ensure that you review these terms each time you use the websites as you will be deemed to have accepted a variation if you continue to use the website after the variation has been posted.
- The current draft of these terms and conditions was adopted and published on 1 June 2002 and contains amendments made on 17 March 2011.
3 Information about you and visits to our website
4 Access and use of the website
- Access to our website is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on our website without notice (see below). We will not be liable if for any reason our website is unavailable at any time or for any period.
- We will use our reasonable endeavours to make the website available but cannot guarantee that the website will operate continuously or without interruptions or be error-free and can accept no liability for its unavailability. You must not attempt to interfere with the proper working of the website and in particular you must not attempt to circumvent security, tamper with, hack into, or otherwise disrupt any computer system, server, website, router or any other internet connected device. You are also advised to use the appropriate antivirus software before and during access to the website.
- We reserve the right, at any time, to suspend or terminate your access to, or use of, the website.
- We may restrict access to some parts of our website to users who have registered with us.
5 Other applications, products and services available on our website
The use of particular software applications on our website, and/or contracts for the provision of products or services formed through our website, are governed by separate terms and conditions, in addition to these terms.
Please follow the terms and conditions relating to the method of application for places of study at institutions of further and higher education (also known as "Apply"), which is available during the application registration process.
- We are the owner or licensee of all copyright and other intellectual property rights in any material contained on the website.
- You may access any part of the website and download or copy material (by printing off individual pages onto paper) or download material on to disk (but not on to any server or other device connected to a network) for personal non-commercial use only. The intellectual property rights in such material shall be retained by UCAS or, where the material has been licensed to UCAS, by the owners of the rights in the material.
- Links to the website are not permitted, other than links to the homepage for your personal use, except with our prior written permission. Links to the website from within a frameset definition are not permitted except with our prior written permission.
- You may not remove any copyright, trademark or intellectual property notices contained in the original material from any material downloaded or copied from the website.
- Copying, distributing or any use of the material contained on the website for any commercial purpose is prohibited.
- You may not create a database by systematically downloading substantial parts of the website.
- The website contains trademarks which belong to UCAS or which have been licensed to UCAS by the trademark owners. Any use of these trademarks by you is forbidden unless prior written permission has been obtained from the trademark owner. UCAS will take legal action against any individual or organisation which seeks to use UCAS' name, material, logos or trademarks for unlawful purposes.
- Any rights not expressly granted in these terms, or any document referenced in them, are reserved to UCAS.
- UCAS has taken care to ensure that the information on the website is correct. However, no warranty, express or implied, is given as to its accuracy and UCAS does not accept any liability for error or omission. UCAS is not responsible for how the information is used, how it is interpreted or what reliance is placed on it. We do not guarantee that the information on the website is fit for any particular purpose. You should also be aware that the availability of courses of study is subject to conditions applied by individual institutions at their sole discretion.
- The content of the website is for general information only and does not constitute any form of advice or recommendation upon which a specific decision should be made. UCAS has taken steps to ensure the materials contained on its website are current and accurate, but to the fullest extent permitted by law UCAS hereby excludes any warranty, whether express or implied, by statute at common law or otherwise, relating to the website and the material contained on the website. In particular (but without limitation of the above), UCAS gives no warranties as to quality, accuracy, timeliness, completeness or fitness for a particular purpose of the website or of the material contained in it.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, UCAS shall not be liable for any claims, costs, penalties, loss (whether direct, indirect or consequential and whether economic or special loss of any nature), damages or expenses arising from the use or from the inability to use the website. UCAS does not accept liability from reliance on information or advice contained on the website or from any unauthorised access or alteration to the website by a third party.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude liability for death or personal injury directly caused by the negligence of UCAS, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
- The website includes links to external websites. These links are provided to help you find additional information quickly and easily. UCAS accepts no responsibility for the content of these websites and specifically excludes (to the fullest extent permitted by law) all liability that may arise with respect to or as a result of such material causing damage, costs, injury or financial loss of any kind. UCAS cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information that you provide whilst visiting these websites.
- Whilst the website may from time to time contain advertising material, UCAS does not endorse or accept any liability for any of the products or services so advertised, or for any error or inaccuracy in the advertisements. Advertisers and sponsors are responsible for ensuring that material submitted for inclusion on the website complies with all relevant laws.
- These terms are not intended to confer any benefit on a third party under the provision of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
- These terms shall be construed and interpreted in accordance with English law. The courts of England shall (except as set out in clause 8.3) have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any claim, dispute or other matters arising there from.
- For the exclusive benefit of UCAS, we reserve the right to bring proceedings in the Courts of the country of residence of any user of the website.
- If any provision of these terms and conditions is found to be invalid by any Court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of that provision will not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of these terms and conditions which shall continue to have full force and effect.
- The failure by us to exercise any right or remedy under these terms and conditions shall not constitute a waiver of that right or remedy.