Terms and conditions for the new service for Clearing
The Service is made available in conjunction with the normal application cycle and Clearing process. The Service is offered to you on the following conditions:
- You are not awaiting any decisions from any universities or colleges.
- You have not accepted an offer of a place.
- You have paid the full £25 application fee.
- You have provided full address and telephone details to us, and you agree to be contactable by telephone.
By opting in to the Service, you agree to us making key parts of your application, including details of your original choices and contact details, available to universities and colleges, which could include those chosen by you in the application(s) you have.
Our promise to you
Once we have passed your details to the recipient course providers, we will process any offer(s) they might make to you in the same way we process all offers at that point in the application cycle (i.e. through Extra or Clearing).
We make no promise regarding your chances of success in securing a place at university or college, and accept no liability if, once we have shared your application and contact details with them, providers:
- fail to contact you
- fail to make you an offer of a place on a course which you wish to accept
- fail to confirm your place on a course
What you can expect from the university or college when you receive an offer
If you receive an offer of a place from a university or college, they should provide you with, or make available to you, the ‘pre-contract’ information, which is required under consumer protection legislation. This information should include, among other things:
- relevant course information, including costs (tuition fees and any other relevant costs, such as for field trips or specialist equipment required for the course), and arrangements for making payments for your study
- the complaints handling process, including your right to cancel your contract with the university or college should you change your mind
- rules and regulations relating to student conduct, which explain your rights and your obligations to the university or college, and their obligations to you, as a student at the course provider
You should read and understand this information before making a decision about an offer, as this sets out terms and conditions of the contract between you and the university or college, if you subsequently enrol there.
You should contact the university or college if:
- you do not receive any information with an offer of a place
- you wish to complain about the way in which the university or college has dealt with you
- you have questions about an offer you have received, or the supporting information provided
How we handle your personal information
- how to request a copy of your personal information
- how to request us to change, delete, or stop using any of your personal information
Accuracy of the information we hold
If you have any reason to believe information we hold about you is not true, complete, and/or accurate, you must tell us.
We reserve the right to change or withdraw the Service at any time without prior notice.
If you are not satisfied with the Service
Letting us know when and why you are not happy gives us the opportunity to improve our service(s). We’ll do what we can to respond directly to your concerns.