The 2020 UCAS Undergraduate application cycle is now open, which means that students who are looking to begin a course in 2020 can make a start on their applications.
Although the application process remains the same, the way you manage and track your students’ applications has changed.
Our new adviser portal replaces Apply for advisers and Adviser Track – giving you complete oversight of your students’ applications in one system. To start managing your 2020 applicants, UCAS correspondents need to register, sign in, and set up their centre’s account.
If you’re the UCAS correspondent, here are three steps to get you started…
Step one: Register
This year, we won’t be providing UCAS correspondents with a username and password. Instead, the first time you access the adviser portal, you’ll need to register and activate your account:
Register now – use Google Chrome or Firefox, if you can.
Fill in your details – make sure you register with the email address we hold for you – not a generic school one.
Verify your account – you’ll get an email from email@example.com, asking you to activate it.
Please note, even if you registered for our test environment, you still need to register for the live service.
Step two: Sign in
Once you’ve registered and activated your account, you can sign in to the adviser portal at any time.
Use the ‘Sign in’ button on the ucas.com/advisers homepage, or click the ‘Sign in’ icon in the top right-hand corner of any page on ucas.com, and select ‘Advisers / Agents’.
Step three: Start setting up your centre’s details
Once you’ve registered and signed in, you’ll arrive on your dashboard. To get started:
- Click ‘Centre management’ and complete the initial set up wizard.
- Go to ‘Staff management’ to set up your staff and their permissions.
- Return to ‘Centre management’ to create your groups and assign staff to them, confirm referees, and set up your qualifications shortlist.
Need a hand?
We’ve pulled together a number of handy resources, including our:
- adviser portal user guide – a detailed step-by-step guide to getting started, and using the service
- adviser portal ‘Setting up your centre’ and ‘Managing applications pre-submission’ online training modules – delivered by our Professional Development Team
- adviser guide 2020 – everything you need to know about the 2020 application cycle
- getting started advice, including the register and sign in video guide.
For more information about using our new adviser portal, visit ucas.com/adviser-portal-updates.