Last year, 5,200 advisers and students took part in our online courses. Both courses were so successful, we’re running them again for you this year.
If you took part last year, you’ll know what an invaluable opportunity this is in helping you support your students. We’ve got brand new and updated course content this year – so if you haven’t done so already, sign up now!
What is it?
Both courses are MOOCs – massive open online courses – delivered on the FutureLearn platform. The courses run over two weeks, and will take approximately two – three hours per week to complete. But, you can do the courses at your own pace and over a longer period of time – whatever suits you and your students.
Our adviser MOOC, Smart Advice: Broadening Your Students’ Horizons, runs from 23 October 2017, and is free to take part in. The course is tailored for teachers and advisers, and designed to help you inform and support your students in exploring their post-18 choices, and making the right decisions.
Why should I take part?
- The whole course, and all the resources that come with it, are free!
- Refresh and extend your knowledge of UK higher education, and other post-18 options.
- Find out how you can support your students’ research and decision-making.
- Get advice and tips from experienced careers advisers, as well as university and college admissions teams.
- Gain insight into the changing careers landscape.
This has been a fantastic course that has helped me identify the strengths in my knowledge, and the areas I need to address – adviser feedback on last year’s MOOC.
Get your students signed up too!
Our free online course for students, 'Smart Choices: Broadening Your Horizons', starts on 6 November 2017, runs for two weeks, and is open to all your students, regardless of where they are with their decision-making.
Why should they sign up?
- Explore all the post-18 options – higher education, apprenticeships, taking a gap year, and going into work.
- Find out about the wide range of subjects and opportunities higher education can offer, and get tips on making their applications.
- Get help with doing their research, choosing the right pathway for them – making the right choice, for the right reasons.
Find out more and get your students signed up
‘This course has covered so much, and opened me up to a whole wealth of information and things to consider when researching. I know what to look for and what questions to ask, so I'm a lot less frazzled about it all’ – feedback from a student on last year’s MOOC.