Don’t forget our Schools Team are on hand to answer any queries you may have, but based on the most common ones we’ve had, here are our top five tips when using the adviser portal:
- Share this technical briefing with your IT teams – to make sure you’re getting the full experience from the adviser portal.
- Always hit save after making any updates – if you navigate away, you could lose what you were working on.
- Check your staff and their permissions – we get a lot of queries from advisers saying they can’t see their applicants. As the UCAS correspondent, you need to give them the right permissions, and assign them to groups in ‘Centre management’.
- Keep your students in the loop – when you return an application to a student, they will no longer receive an automated email notification, so please let them know. When they sign in to their application, your message will then appear on their welcome page.
- Use the ‘Return to applicant’ button to give students feedback – not the ‘Give feedback’ button at the bottom right-hand side of your screen. This button is for any comments you have about the portal and are sent to us, not your applicants.
Check out our:
- adviser portal user guide – a detailed step-by-step guide to getting started, and using the service.
- adviser portal online training modules – a guided run through on setting up your centre’s account, right through to managing applications post-submission.
Keep an eye on our important messages in the adviser portal for the latest news and tips.