Changes for 2019
There are a number of changes to Apply 2019 you need to know about as an adviser supporting a student through their application. Here’s a summary:
- Removal of the 24 March deadline.
- Applicant declaration has changed – no pre-ticked boxes (including sharing data with you).
- Removal of criminal convictions questions for all applicants – only applies to certain courses.
- Removal of the student finance question.
- Increase to single choice application fee.
- Students requesting a copy of their application includes a copy of the reference – we no longer charge for this service.
View the Changes to Apply 2019 (229.83 KB) guide for more information.
Dates for your diary
- 5 September 2018 – completed applications can be sent to us.
- 15 October 2018 at 18:00 (UK time) – deadline for applications to the universities of Oxford and Cambridge, and for most courses in medicine, dentistry, and veterinary medicine/science.
- 15 January 2019 at 18:00 (UK time) – deadline for applications for the majority of UCAS Undergraduate courses.
Remember, the reference must be completed before the application can be sent to us. See our guidance for referees.
Four top tips for your students and their parents
- Start research early – the 2019 search tool is now live, with access to over 50,000 undergraduate, postgraduate, and conservatoire courses – find out what’s new in search.
- Sign up for updates – both parents and students can sign up for regular updates, containing information and advice to help them pick the right path.
- Make the most of our personal statement advice – our personal statement page helps your students think what they need to write about, gives advice on how to get started, and includes tips from uni staff.
- Never miss a deadline – if they follow @ucas_online for the latest news and important reminders, your students and their parents will always be one step ahead.
Top five resources for advisers using Apply 2019
- Adviser Guide 2019
Everything you need to know about advising students who are applying for higher education in the UK. From talking about their options, to checking on the progress of uni applications, it’s an essential read. Download the Adviser Guide 2019 (12.38 MB).
- Adviser Track and Reporting
This online system helps you stay up-to-date with your students’ applications once they’ve been submitted to UCAS. Track uni decisions and make sure they don't miss reply deadlines! Our special reporting feature also lets you track the offers and replies your students have received.
- Toolkits for advisers
With videos, top tips, frequently asked questions, presentations, and much more, our toolkits are an incredibly useful teaching aid. There are also tailored versions for teachers working with care leavers or international students.
- Training, events, and conferences
We host regular training sessions, presentations, and conferences to help you support your students as they take their next steps. For more information, have a look at our training pages.
- Monthly newsletters
Our monthly newsletters are packed full of information and free resources to support your work. Skim the contents and click any links that catch your eye. Sign up for our adviser newsletter today to get it direct to your inbox.
Got a question?
Contact our Schools Team – they can guide you through all stages of the application cycle.