The existing search tool for courses starting in 2017 will run alongside it.
Students will have access to high quality information and advice, as well as a more intuitive and comprehensive search. They’ll also be able to sign in, to save searches and bookmark courses.
Key features include:
- new mobile-friendly design – appeals to students who prefer to do their research on tablets and mobiles
- advanced filtering and sorting options – to enable users to make quick and effective searches for prospective courses, and filter to enhance the decision-making process
- ability to shortlist and save course searches – users can build up a list of courses they’re interested in, name their searches, and save time by returning to their shortlist
- free text search – for example, ‘maths’ will return results for ‘mathematics’ and ‘mathematical’, widening the search results for your students
- suggestions for misspelt searches – ‘did you mean?’ functionality returns a suggested correction to results, so users do not miss out on potential matches