Our Schools Team will be unavailable from 11:25 until 14:00 on Tuesday 24 April, due to staff training.
This UCAS toolkit is designed to help you pass on key information about Confirmation, Clearing and Adjustment to your students and their parents.
How do I apply through Clearing?
Emma from UCAS explains how you can make an application through the Clearing process.
- Confirmation, Clearing and Adjustment brochure – a must-read document for advisers, packed with all the latest information for 2017.
- Confirmation and Clearing key dates 2017 (299.51 KB)
- Direct contact service – we’re once again offering our direct contact service to applicants – designed to help those who find themselves without a university or college place. For 2017, this service will be available for Extra and Clearing, helping applicants who find themselves unplaced from 27 February through to mid-September.
- A note to advisers – gives an overview of the toolkit and advice to advisers.
- Adviser checklist (85.23 KB)– this gives you a quick view of what you can do to make sure the process is as smooth as possible for your students.
- Lesson exercises covering Confirmation, Clearing and Adjustment, and the answers (120.43 KB)to each – these can fit around a variety of learning styles. Each encourages individuals to do their own research so they know where to turn when they are faced with making decisions in the summer.
- A parent communication – this information can be copied into the format you use to communicate with parents. It provides all the key pointers which will hopefully ensure that parents and students alike are more informed about what to expect in the summer.
- True or false exercise (150.48 KB)– this is all about providing clarity on some of those rumours that circulate each year; many of which cause applicants unnecessary worry. It could be used to prompt discussion in class.
- Confirmation and Clearing poster – highlights specific areas of ucas.com which will help students prepare for results day and Clearing.
- Posters covering the direct contact service (1.08 MB), Clearing, and Adjustment – these can be displayed around your school or college to give students information on each of the services and how to find out more.