How will COVID-19 affect applicants to the UK in 2020 and 2021? Your questions answered
A few delegates asked us to share the detailed questions and answers that were posted to Slido, the conference online Q&A tool. As well as UCAS colleagues, we had helpful answers to your questions from representatives from Bath and Edinburgh universities.
Perhaps unsurprisingly, delegates were really interested in the impact of COVID-19 on UK university and college admissions: how it will affect 2020 applicants, how universities and colleges will deliver a student experience in 2020, and what ongoing impact there might be for 2021 applicants.
There was also a lot of focus on what will happen with EU fee status for 2021 applicants. There hadn’t been any announcements from the UK government at the time of the conference, but since then there have been some updates.
Read more from the online discussions at ITA20:
- Impact of COVID-19
- Applying to the UK – the UCAS fundamentals
- Applying to the UK – advanced practitioner tips
You can also watch a recording of the live Q&A session, and pre-recorded sessions on topics ranging from personal statements and references to successful transition to UK university life – available here until the end of August.
To optimise viewing, please click the icon in the bottom right-hand corner of the video player to watch full screen. The video presentations are in the carousel below, and you can navigate between these using the arrow icons to the left and right.
There are seven presentations in the above carousel – use the right and left arrows to navigate through them.
- Admissions tests (754.21 KB)
- Advising students on excellent personal statements (2.2 MB)
- Everything you need to know about the qualification awarding processes and Confirmation and Clearing 2020 (1.51 MB)
- Getting into medicine (489.37 KB)
- Hand in hand: How schools and universities can support students with their transition to university (765.72 KB)
- Making an application to the universities of Oxford and Cambridge (4.51 MB)
- UCAS supporting you – How UCAS will support advisers over the coming months including Clearing (2.06 MB)
- Writing UCAS references that stand out (373.99 KB)
- Admissions in a changing world – looking forward to 2021 (5.9 KB)
- Admissions tests (28.69 KB)
- Advising students on excellent personal statements (39.62 KB)
- Everything you need to know about the qualification awarding processes and Confirmation and Clearing 2020 (8.01 KB)
- Getting into medicine (50.88 KB)
- Hand in hand: How schools and universities can support students with their transition to university (40.51 KB)
- Making an application to the universities of Oxford and Cambridge (64.19 KB)
- The power of peer-to-peer in student decision-making (34.44 KB)
- UCAS supporting you – How UCAS is supporting advisers over the coming months including Clearing (20.93 KB)
- Writing UCAS references that stand out (16.58 KB)