What’s on offer?
This training day has been designed to help introduce you to the world of UCAS, and applications to higher education. It will provide you with an easy to digest understanding of relevant practices, processes, key dates, and resources.
Objectives of the session include:
- learning about the various stages of the UCAS application cycle, and what you and your applicants need to do at specific times of the year
- looking at research tools, and how these can help your applicants make the right choices
- gaining an overview of what's required in the applicant's reference and personal statement
- finding out how we can support you and your students
If you have an enquiry, please get in touch with our Professional Development Team on 01242 545 712, or at [email protected].
Places are limited to 32 delegates per session, to ensure a comfortable environment, promoting discussion and interaction, as well as giving everyone the chance to get their questions answered.
Numerous sessions take place at UCAS HQ in Cheltenham throughout the academic year. Due to us limiting the group size, we advise you book early to secure your place.
We charge £25 per person per session, plus VAT. This includes refreshments, lunch, and downloadable course materials.
Agenda for the day
|10:00||Arrival and refreshments|
|10:15||Welcome, logistics, and summary of outcomes for the day|
|10:30||The UCAS applicant journey|
|11:40||Adviser portal and managing applications*|
|13:00||How to utilise UCAS resources effectively to support and manage applications|
|13:45||Supporting effective personal statement writing|
|14:30||Good practice in reference writing|
|15:30||Close of day|
*Please note that this is not systems training – this session will focus on best practise around using the adviser portal.
This agenda is subject to change depending on the development of UCAS services.
Here are the upcoming training sessions for this academic year:
- Thursday 19 March 2020 – now full and closed to bookings
- Wednesday 8 July 2020
If you have any questions about upcoming training sessions, please contact [email protected].