Are you preparing your students for life after school/college?
To help you support and guide them, we’ve developed this toolkit to communicate key information about higher education and the UCAS application process.
It contains a wide range of resources which can be used together or as part of a programme, as well as materials to share with teachers and parents.
Information for students
- Making the right choices presentation (2.81 MB) – for Years 12 and 13 students. This presentation gives an overview of the opportunities available and highlights future options, including the benefits of higher education.
- Mythbusters handout – there are many myths about higher education. We’ve dispelled the top ones in this useful handout.
- Applying to UCAS presentation – for students who have decided they want to apply to higher education. It highlights where to start, key dates, and also gives an overview of the application and tracking process.
Application process handout (695.74 KB)– we’ve broken the higher education application process down into three simple steps in this handout, including when we need to receive applications.
Useful posters to download
- 2018 UK map of unis and colleges by region (390.18 KB)
- Personal statement dos and don'ts (7.7 MB)
- Parent sign up poster (204.19 KB)
- Create your future exhibiton poster (1.42 MB)
Information for parents
UCAS parents' evening presentation (6.81 MB) – we know parents look to you for information on the UCAS process. That’s why we’ve developed a presentation you can give to them at open days or parent evenings. It illustrates the benefits of higher education, outlines the application process, and advises parents on what they can do to support their child.