If you’re aware of the UCAS Smart Choices: Broadening Your Horizons course, you’re probably thinking about your options after school or college. There are so many options, it can be tricky to figure out the best way to land yourself that dream job. That’s why we’ve designed this free online course.
Here are five reasons you really should get involved.
- It’s free advice. With so many options, and careers advice not readily available, you need to be able to identify what’s best for you. This two-week free course will help you build the skills to decide.
- Explore the different subjects on offer. It’s not just science any more – higher education allows you to get specific about what you want to study. There are literally hundreds of different courses related to the subjects you know from school… We’ll also help you understand how to find the right one.
- Understand the different types of training providers. You’re not limited to university to study at a higher level. There are also degree level apprenticeships, colleges offering HE courses, conservatoires, private training providers, and in-house training offered by some employers.
- Know your study options. From full-time, part-time, evening school, block release, to online only distance learning courses – there are study options for everyone. We’ll make sure you understand the differences.
- Explore today’s career opportunities. Higher education qualifications aren’t all about academic subjects. We’ll cover how the world of work is changing, to make sure you’re studying for the skills you’ll need to get your dream job.
The course starts on 6 November, with experts on hand to provide you with support as you complete the different tasks. It’s three hours per week, for two weeks. But you don’t need to complete the course in the two weeks – as long as you sign up, you’ll be able to sign in for a few weeks after – we just won’t be there to help.