You are here

UCAS Conservatoires: support for care leavers

If you're a care leaver applying to conservatoires, you could get financial support and advice, help settling into higher education, and accommodation.
Relevant to
'How to' video for care leavers
Find out what help is available for care experienced students, and other students tell us about their experiences.

Finding support


To find out what the conservatoire you're applying to can offer, it is best to contact them direct. Take a look at the information on their website, or try typing into an internet search engine the name of the conservatoire + care leaver to help you find pages on their website about what they can offer you.


Visit Become's website Propel. 

You'll find general information about moving into higher education from care, alongside specific details about the support individual conservatoires across the UK offer. Each conservatoire has its own page, containing an overview of its courses and the specific support it can give care leavers. 

You'll be able to make an informed choice about the right course at the right place for you, and make sure you're aware of all the support you're entitled to.

Remember to tick the box on your UCAS Conservatoires application to let the conservatoire know you have been in care.

This is confidential and won't be used against you! It does let the right person at the conservatoire know that you might need financial or other support, and can help you put that in place before you start your course.

Students not supported by their family (estranged)

If you're applying for student finance through Student Finance England or Wales: if you are not supported by your family (estranged), you can find information about support, financing your studies and accommodation options in the StandAlone student guide

Was this page helpful?

Yes  No