- Closing date
- 11 Dec 2019
- Up to £32,000 and ACCA/CIMA study support
- Full-time or part-time
- Finance and Corporate Services
About the Finance and Corporate Services department
The Finance and Corporate Services department manages and supports initiatives in the business that drive organisational performance, efficiency, delivery, and implementation. It brings together a number of organisation-wide functions, activities, and support services, based on specialised knowledge, best practices, processes, and technology to serve our internal and external customers and business partners.
About the role
- Build professional and effective relationships across the business.
- Own stakeholder relationships as agreed, being the first point of contact for analysis and support.
- Support the Finance Business Partner in identifying risks and opportunities, and agree a course of action before implementing initiatives.
- Help to build financial and commercial awareness across the business.
Business planning and forecast
- Work with budget holders to ensure that their budget submissions reflect their plans, and that the information submitted is on time, accurate, and consistent. The role holder will be expected to challenge information where appropriate.
- Compile accurate budget information, providing analysis and insight.
- Maintain an ongoing forecast, working with budget holders to identify and track risks and opportunities, and updating any changes.
Business and market analysis
- Provide analytical support to understand business trends, markets, and competitors.
- Support the business with product and service costing, as well as analysis to support and monitor investments and initiatives.
- Produce and circulate analysis and insightful commentaries, so that the business receives timely and accurate information upon which to base decisions.
- Recommending and implementing remedial actions where necessary.
- Work effectively as part of the Finance Team, Finance and Corporate Services business unit, and the wider UCAS business.
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of all relevant financial principles and accounting standards, and able to explain these to both technical and non-technical colleagues across the business.
Up to £32,000 with 25 days annual leave, ACCA/CIMA study support, voluntary flexible benefits, paid volunteering days, and a contributory stakeholder pension. It’s not just about the financial benefits that UCAS offers – on-site you can also benefit from our restaurant, affordable gym membership, free parking, unlimited tea and coffee, and many other perks. You’ll enjoy an exciting, agile working environment, with a vibrant culture and flexible approach to work, all of which reflects our teamwork and innovative spirit.
How to apply
Please see the role profile (219.87 KB) for more information. You will need to upload your CV on the next page, along with your notice period and salary expectations.
You will receive an email confirming that your application has reached us. We endeavour to contact all candidates before or soon after the closing date. However, due to high volumes of applications, we may not be able to contact all candidates. If you do not hear from us, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
All information you send to us will be kept in line with the Data Protection Act 2018. UCAS is committed to equality and values diversity in our workforce. We welcome and encourage applications from all candidates in line with the Equality Act 2010.
We reserve the right to close this job vacancy prior to the advertised closing date, if we feel we have found a suitable candidate.