The Email Marketing Executive is responsible for creating email campaigns, developing and building HTML email templates, and monitoring email quality, test templates, and emails, to ensure they are optimised for different email clients and devices.
- Closing date
- 28 Mar 2018
- Full-time or part-time
- Full-time (FTC until 15 January 2019)
- External Relations
About the External Relations department
External Relations provides intelligence and insight to inform UCAS’ strategy, and underpin the development, delivery, and improvement of UCAS’ operations, products, and services. It also maintains UCAS’ reputation, and ensures customers are able to interact with the business in a fulfilling way, while maintaining the UCAS brand.
The department is divided into three primary functions:
- Media and Corporate Communications – responsible for securing UCAS’ public reputation, and ensuring corporate communications are consistent with business strategy to internal and external stakeholders, and media.
- Strategy and Policy – deploys UCAS’ data, research, and analysis appropriately, and ensures UCAS’ strategy, products, and services are informed by market trends, through proactive engagement with governments, funders, and regulators to inform business strategy.
- Marketing and Events – ensures the conception and delivery of engaging marketing campaigns, while growing and protecting UCAS’ brand value and reputation, ensuring marketing and customer interactions are easy, enjoyable, and fulfilling.
About the role
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Manage a broad range of high-volume campaigns.
- Build dynamic and mobile friendly newsletters, web forms, surveys, A/B testing, and generate customised reports.
- Follow best practice surrounding developing, HTML/CSS coding, optimising, and delivering email marketing campaigns.
- Compile and analyse performance metrics and client demand, to schedule and plan sending emails.
- Ensure QA processes are followed, and campaigns are successfully delivered.
- HTML template coding and cross browser/email client rendering.
- Test different subject line, email content, sending patterns, times, and email HTML combinations, for optimal delivery, and highest user engagement.
- Ensure email campaigns are tracking properly.
- Support the Email Marketing Team with database cleansing and re-engagement tasks.
- Escalate issues to senior management as necessary and appropriate.
- Make recommendations for tailored email templates.
Competitive salary with 25 days annual leave, voluntary flexible benefits, paid volunteering days, and a contributory stakeholder pension. It’s not just about the financial benefits that UCAS offers – on-site you can also benefit from our restaurant, affordable gym membership, free parking, unlimited tea and coffee, and many other perks. You’ll enjoy an exciting, agile working environment, with a vibrant culture and flexible approach to work, all of which reflects our teamwork and innovative spirit.
How to apply
You will receive an email confirming that your application has reached us. We endeavour to contact all candidates before or soon after the closing date. However, due to high volumes of applications, we may not be able to contact all candidates. If you do not hear from us, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
All information you send to us will be kept in line with the Data Protection Act 1998. UCAS is committed to equality and values diversity in our workforce. We welcome and encourage applications from all candidates in line with the Equality Act 2010.
We reserve the right to close this job vacancy prior to the advertised closing date, if we feel we have found a suitable candidate.