- Closing date
- 31 Jan 2017
- £32,000 - £40,000
- Full-time or part-time
About the Technology department
Technology delivers digital products and services used by applicants, providers, advisers, and commercial partners, while ensuring UCAS has a ‘digital by default’ infrastructure. UCAS is currently in a phase of digital acceleration – our approach is responsive, agile, and customer-focused.
The Technology department is divided into four primary functions – Technology Development, Technology Experience, Service Management, and Enterprise Architecture. As we develop our services, our teams work seamlessly in a digital ecosystem that balances the needs of learners and education providers, and ultimately adds value to the learner journey.
If you have a thirst to be at the cutting edge of technology and thrive off a fast-paced technical environment, we’d love to hear from you.
About the role
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Provide AngularJS expertise.
- Predominately build software applications developed using C#/ASP.NET based platforms.
- Maintain a detailed knowledge of existing UCAS applications and systems.
- Work alongside key technical roles to ensure compliance to UCAS coding and design standards.
- Work within Agile software teams.
- Strong awareness of mobile development best practices.
- Delivery of the complex software products and components of the technical road map.
- UI development and implementation experience across Agile teams.
- Provide technical input and innovation utilising technical skills.
- Collaborate in development of solutions based on technical requirements.
- Define and evolve software coding practices.
- Code and configure solutions using software teams, coding standards, and tools.
- Have a good knowledge of database design techniques, software design patterns, and design principles.
- Develop and prototype investigations or spikes, and user stories.
- Be aware of product road map with reference architecture, technical requirements, and prioritisation.
- Streamlining the software delivery process by promoting continuous integration and a continuous deployment model.
- Collaborate within scrum teams, change and release management and IT partners, sharing knowledge and best practice to ensure seamless delivery to the customers.
We need an individual that:
- has experience in working in Agile teams
- has a strong UI bias in previous roles
- has experience developing for mobile applications
- has strong collaborative and interpersonal skills to work within our development community
£32,000 - £40,000 with 25 days annual leave, voluntary flexible benefits, paid volunteering days, and a contributory stakeholder pension. It’s not just about the financial benefits that UCAS offers – on-site you can also benefit from our restaurant, affordable gym membership, free parking, unlimited tea and coffee, and many other perks. You’ll enjoy an exciting, agile working environment, with a vibrant culture and flexible approach to work, all of which reflects our teamwork and innovative spirit.
How to apply
You will receive an email confirming that your application has reached us. We endeavour to contact all candidates before or soon after the closing date. However, due to high volumes of applications, we may not be able to contact all candidates. If you do not hear from us, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
All information you send to us will be kept in line with the Data Protection Act 1998. UCAS is committed to equality and values diversity in our workforce. We welcome and encourage applications from all candidates in line with the Equality Act 2010.
We reserve the right to close this job vacancy prior to the advertised closing date, if we feel we have found a suitable candidate.