- Closing date
- 4 Aug 2019
- Up to £65,000
- Full-time or part-time
About the Technology department
Technology delivers digital products and services used by applicants, providers, advisers, and commercial partners, while ensuring UCAS has a ‘digital by default’ infrastructure. UCAS is currently in a phase of digital acceleration – our approach is responsive, agile, and customer-focused.
The Technology department is divided into four primary functions – Technology Development, Technology Experience, Service Management, and Enterprise Architecture. As we develop our services, our teams work seamlessly in a digital ecosystem that balances the needs of students and education providers, and ultimately adds value to the student journey.
If you have a thirst to be at the cutting edge of technology and thrive off a fast-paced technical environment, we’d love to hear from you.
About the role
Key duties and responsibilities:
- We will require you to apply your experience to deliver acute technical excellence by way of advisory services, consulting, and hands-on execution, across Salesforce’s suite of products both current and future.
- You will support the development of the overall IT Strategy and technical architectural blueprint.
- Your contribution can vary from undertaking analysis of business and technical requirements, to technical solution design covering application architecture through to enterprise architecture, end-to-end solution design (across Salesforce and other technologies), and solution estimating and planning in collaboration with other UCAS roles.
- You are responsible for ensuring our technical solutions enable, satisfy, and advance our client’s needs and objectives, while adhering to the highest technical and security standards, and ensuring our teams develop their knowledge and skills accordingly.
- You will play a critical role shaping, designing, and successfully delivering integrated Salesforce solutions to support our various business initiatives. You will sell, assess, define, implement, and/or support world-class technology architectures leveraging Salesforce, spanning simple IT projects to large-scale, enterprise-level change programs.
- Ensure that technology architecture roadmaps and blueprints are developed, maintained, and integrated within the process of the overall IT Strategy development and technology planning, including service transition.
- Define architectural considerations across data, applications, infrastructure, integration, interfaces, security, scalability, and performance, as well as product transition and support documentation.
- Produce options and, where necessary, conduct feasibility studies, for delivery of the business requirements and key non-functional requirements.
- Estimate the cost of implementing requirements and advising on high risk/high cost/complex solution/service aspects where these could be omitted/reduced, or where requirement change could result in a more cost-effective and lower risk implementation.
- Maintain a holistic understanding of UCAS’ technology and services estate, and UCAS-specific IP.
- Work with the Enterprise Architecture Team, to define and maintain the overall IT architecture, applications portfolio, architecture vision, and design patterns, and promote these within IT, and to the business.
- Track and understand emerging technologies, and advise on the use of them while developing solution designs.
- Provide consultancy services to IT functions in UCAS’ customer groups, to support their technical queries.
Competitive salary with 30 days annual leave, voluntary flexible benefits, paid volunteering days, and a contributory stakeholder pension. It’s not just about the financial benefits that UCAS offers – on-site you can also benefit from our restaurant, affordable gym membership, free parking, unlimited tea and coffee, and many other perks. You’ll enjoy an exciting, agile working environment, with a vibrant culture and flexible approach to work, all of which reflects our teamwork and innovative spirit.
How to apply
How to apply
Please see the role profile (225.03 KB) for more information. You will need to upload your CV on the next page, along with your notice period and salary expectations.
You will receive an email confirming that your application has reached us. We endeavour to contact all candidates before or soon after the closing date. However, due to high volumes of applications, we may not be able to contact all candidates. If you do not hear from us, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
All information you send to us will be kept in line with the Data Protection Act 2018. UCAS is committed to equality and values diversity in our workforce. We welcome and encourage applications from all candidates in line with the Equality Act 2010.
We reserve the right to close this job vacancy prior to the advertised closing date, if we feel we have found a suitable candidate.