Chemistry can be useful in many different job families such as engineering and manufacturing, science and research, as well as medicine and nursing and environmental science.
Applied and job-related learning
There is a range of vocational qualifications (such as BTECs, NVQ/SVQs, and diplomas) linked to an interest in chemistry, such as:
- applied science/pharmaceutical science
- health and social care
- environmental sustainability
- sports and exercise sciences
There are a number of apprenticeships that link to an interest in chemistry, including:
- pharmacy assistant
- theatre support worker
- laboratory/science technician
- gas installation engineer
- polymer production technician
Academic subjects – such as A levels
- You can study chemistry and applied science.
- Related subjects include physics, biology, human biology, geography, environmental studies, psychology, engineering, electronics, science in society, health and social care.