Media studies can be useful in a range of careers including marketing, sales and advertising, broadcast media and performing arts, journalist and publishing, and leisure sport and tourism.
Applied and job-related learning
There is a range of vocational qualifications (such as BTECs, NVQ/SVQs and Diplomas) linked to an interest in media studies including:
- performing arts
- broadcast & media
- publishing and journalism
- advertising and marketing
- arts, crafts & design
- information technology
- travel and tourism
There is a range of apprenticeships linked to an interest in media studies including:
- arts, media and publishing, e.g. digital design, digital journalist
- advertising & marketing, e.g. digital marketing, social media & digital marketing
- information technology, e.g. web developer
Academic subjects – such as A levels
- You can study media studies.
- Related subjects include English language, English literature, English language & literature, sociology, philosophy, psychology, drama, communication, film, government and politics, religious studies, foreign languages.