The physical fitness and good teamwork which come from an interest in physical education and playing sports can be useful in many different careers including leisure, sport and tourism, construction, education and training, armed forces, security and uniformed services, management, as well as animals, agriculture, plants and land.
Applied and job-related learning
There is a range of vocational qualifications (such as BTECs, NVQ/SVQs and diplomas) linked to physical education and sport, including:
- sports and exercise science
- business, personal training and sports massage
- travel and tourism
- outdoor leisure
- uniformed public services
There are a range of apprenticeships associated with an interest in PE and sport such as:
- leisure centre assistant
- gym instructor
- PE and school sport coach
- fitness instructor
- personal trainer
Academic subjects – such as A levels
- You can study physical education.
- Related subjects include human biology, biology, social biology, psychology, physics, chemistry, geography, environmental studies, and business studies.