Find answers to the most frequently asked questions about teacher training, including when to apply, entry requirements, and funding.
UCAS Teacher Training is for postgraduate teacher training programmes in England and Wales. Apply through UCAS Undergraduate for all teacher training programmes in Scotland. 

How do I find training programmes starting in 2021?

You can now search for training programmes starting in 2021:

​​When can I apply for training programmes starting in 2021?

Where you want to study will determine how you should apply. If you’re looking to apply for a postgraduate teacher training programme in:

What are the routes into teaching?

There are different types of teaching and ways to qualify, so it's important to choose the right training programme. Initial Teacher Education or Training (ITET) programmes across the UK are broadly similar, however, the routes differ depending on where in the UK you plan to train.

What are the entry requirements?

There are essential academic and non-academic criteria you’ll need to meet to be eligible to apply for teacher training programmes. Some training providers may also have specific recruitment criteria. Once you’ve decided on the type of training programme you want to study, you can speak to your chosen training providers to find out more information before applying.

Entry requirements may differ depending on the training programme, and where in the UK you plan to train. Read more about eligibility for teacher training in EnglandWales, and Scotland.

What funding is available?

We don’t arrange student finance, but we can give you information and advice about funding and support to help point you in the right direction.

Whether you are a career changer, or taking the next step, training to teach can be a big investment. However, there’s often funding available to help you. What you’re eligible for will depend on what teacher training route you choose, where in the UK you live, and the subject you want to teach.

How can I change my name, date of birth, or passport details after I've sent my application?

  • Please complete our update my details form and we'll do this for you. 
  • For name and date of birth changes, you need you to attach a clear photo or scanned copy of an official document showing these – such as a birth certificate, marriage certificate, driving licence or passport.
  • As long as we’ve got everything we need, we’ll update your details and the changes will display in Track.
  • It's important you also let your training providers know.