What does a cinema/theatre attendant do?
A cinema/theatre attendant's duties could include:
- checking tickets
- showing people to their seats
- selling programmes
- selling refreshments from trays or kiosks during the interval
- dealing with any problems or complaints
- re-stocking the refreshment kiosks and trays
- collecting litter and tidying up after a show
- being responsible for health and safety, for example, making sure fire exits are not blocked
What do I need to do to become a cinema/theatre attendant?
You do not need any particular qualifications to work as a cinema or theatre attendant. You should ideally have experience of working with people in a customer service role, for example retail sales or hospitality. An interest in film or the arts would also be helpful.You may need to be aged 18 or over for jobs that involve serving alcohol.
Where could I be working?
You could work for a large cinema chain at a multi-screen complex, smaller independent cinemas, or theatres and concert venues.