What does a leisure centre manager do?
Duties would vary depending on where the role is based, but would typically include:
- arranging timetables for activities
- organising and promoting special events
- recruiting and managing staff
- controlling budgets
- taking responsibility for health and safety
What do I need to do to become a leisure centre manager?
You can become a leisure centre manager in one of the following ways:
- completing a higher education qualification before applying for management jobs
- starting as an assistant or management trainee, and working towards professional qualifications
Relevant higher education courses include foundation degrees, HNDs, and degrees in subjects such as:
- sports and leisure management
- leisure studies
- sports science
- recreation management