- You can choose when to apply, but it depends on when your chosen training providers open their programmes.
- If your preferred training provider doesn’t currently have any vacancies, contact them to see if they expect to have any in the future.
- When you can apply also depends whether you are in Apply 1 or Apply 2.
- Your application can’t be submitted until both your references are complete.
- You can apply to up to three training programmes on your UCAS Teacher Training application. Places are allocated on a first-come, first-served basis, so please remember that popular training programmes will fill up quickly. Some subjects will have a limited number of places available, so make sure you don't leave your application to the last minute!
When to use Apply 1
Apply 1 is the first stage in the application process. You have to use Apply 1 first.
- At this point, you can apply for up to three choices at the same time.
- These choices can be either all for just one of the UCAS Teacher Training routes, or a combination.
When to use Apply 2
Apply 2 is another opportunity to submit an application if you are unsuccessful in Apply 1. You only use Apply 2 if you didn’t get a place in Apply 1.
- This could be because you weren’t offered a place, or if you declined any offers you did get.
- In Apply 2, you can continue to add new choices, one at a time.
Want to find out more about your teacher training options?
Sign up to receive our online teacher training information pack, a free step-by-step guide to applying for a teacher training programme. In addition, you’ll receive a monthly email full of hints and tips, including advice from other students who’ve already been through the UCAS Teacher Training application process.