English qualifications are useful for many careers, but particularly for working in journalism and publishing, education and training, counselling and social services, marketing sales and advertising, and management.
Applied and job-related learning
There is a range of vocational qualifications (such as BTECs, NVQ/SVQs, and diplomas) linked to an interest in English, such as:
- travel and tourism
- performing arts
- media and marketing
- graphic design
- health and social care
There is a range of apprenticeships that link to an interest in English, including:
- fitness coach
- travel adviser
- archive assistant
- community arts admin assistant
- nursery teaching assistant
- information services coordinator
- learning support assistant
Academic subjects – such as A levels
- You can study English language, English literature, or both together.
- Related subjects include history, law, media, sociology, philosophy, psychology, drama, communication, film, government and politics, religious studies.