You’ve heard of UCAS, but do you know what we do? We’re certainly more than just an application form!
We are a charity – the Universities and Colleges Admissions Service – and our mission is to connect people to higher education. Find out more about who we are.
UCAS is made up of five business units, each with their own areas of expertise. When you join us, you'll join one of these teams, but you'll soon find out that we don't work in silos, we're a collaborative organisation a heart. What's more:
- We're thought leaders and industry experts. Have a look at some of the products and services we offer.
- We live and breathe our data – there’s not a lot about the world of higher education that we don’t know.
- We provide essential information, advice, and guidance to anyone looking to enter higher education.
- We aim to inspire and empower– we want everyone to find their next step in life, no matter where they've come from or where they want to go.
- Want to know more? Check out our corporate strategy.
There are plenty of benefits to working at UCAS, too:
- We care about your wellbeing. We hold regular wellbeing events, have a team of fully-trained mental health first aiders, a staff consultation group, and a community spirit like no other.
- We enjoy yearly all staff events and Christmas parties, as well as a summer BBQ for colleagues and their families.
- We also know that physical wellbeing is important, so you can take part in our regular summer rounders tournament or compete in the annual fun run.
- UCAS is a place where people flourish, perform, and achieve, and we certainly like to celebrate this. We hold quarterly Celebrating U awards where nominations are from colleagues, an annual pay award scheme, and we have long service awards too.
- We run regular development academies, covering anything from developing wellbeing and resilience, to consultancy and leadership skills. For budding leaders, we have progression and leadership programmes, and there’s a dedicated budget for additional, external opportunities.
- We have flexible working – especially right now. We all have commitments outside of work, we understand.
- When we’re not in the midst of a global pandemic – and we won’t be forever – we have beautiful offices on the outskirts of the Regency spa town of Cheltenham. Complete with all the added bonuses you’d expect – a subsidised restaurant, onsite gym, plenty of parking available, and free tea and coffee, as well as 30 days annual leave, volunteer days, mentoring scheme, and a benefits platform (Perkbox).
Our values are what set us apart, and we live them every day:
- We keep customer-focused, they're always at the heart of our work.
- We're collaborative, and we work as a team.
- We are accountable for the work we do and to the people we help into higher education.
- We provide service excellence in everything we do.
- We’re a trusted brand – we're the experts in our field and when you work at UCAS you will be too.
Got a question? Email us at email@example.com.
We are fully committed to creating an inclusive and diverse community at work, where you can be yourself, flourish, perform, and achieve! We celebrate differences, as we know the benefits this has for our people, our products, and the customers we serve.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
We're proud of our employment record, check out our awards: