Higher education is a big investment, so you may need a student or career development loan – which you’re advised to apply for three months before your course starts. You might be eligible for additional funding from other organisations too.
- How much an undergraduate course costs and how to get finance and funding
- How much a postgraduate course costs and how to get finance and funding
- How to repay your loan after your course
Conservatoires can offer support in many ways – from any worries or anxieties you have to issues with accommodation, student visas, impairments, or care leavers.
- Use your students’ union to join socials, activities and societies
- Get support for worries or concerns about conservatoire life
- Help with auditions – Open Door is a non-profit organisation that helps talented applicants from London and the East Midlands with financial support and resources.
Conservatoires have different ways they can support you in higher education – see our support for individual needs section.
International and EU students
Refugees and asylum seekers
Students not supported by their family (estranged)