Benefits of studying at UK conservatoires
Undergraduate and postgraduate courses are available in a huge range of subjects – all based around individual tuition and frequent opportunities to perform in bands, orchestras, choirs, operas, dance and musical theatre.
Studying in the UK, you will develop a fantastic mix of valuable skills, experience diverse cultures, gain exposure to innovative industries, and sample academic excellence.
How to apply
Start off by registering for the UCAS Hub – when registering make sure you click you’re interested in courses at conservatoires. From your Hub you can:
- Get started on what to study, when to apply, and how to get a place and a visa.
- Find and favourite courses, and look out for our advice on how to choose a suitable course and conservatoire.
- Start applying –from your Hub homepage click the ‘Start application’ tile and complete your application. Make sure you’re aware of the application deadlines – there can sometimes be exceptions for international applicants, or for postgraduate courses. Check conservatoire websites for full details.
- Then look at finance and support, if you’ll need to arrange visas and to pay course fees or adjust to life in the UK.
The way that UK higher education works means there are different rules for UK, EU, and international students. We’ll highlight the similarities and differences throughout ucas.com, but it might be worth checking our guide to UK higher education terms.
If you have any questions about your application, please contact us.
Tips for international applications
Check out our tips for international students applying to UK conservatoires.
They’ll be displayed in links like this titled ‘International students’ throughout the website, and you can also find them all together by clicking below.
Covering the cost of your studies
Before you decide which conservatoire to attend, you need to be absolutely certain you can pay for:
- the full cost of your tuition fees – check conservatoires’ websites for their fees
- everyday living expenses
- instruments or costumes
Take a look at our finance pages to find out more about student finance and the support available.