Benefits of studying at UK conservatoires
Undergraduate and postgraduate courses are available in a huge range of subjects – all based around individual tuition and frequent opportunities to perform in bands, orchestras, choirs, operas, dance and musical theatre.
Studying in the UK, you will develop a fantastic mix of valuable skills, experience diverse cultures, gain exposure to innovative industries, and sample academic excellence.
How to apply
You do all your research and applying for courses online through the UCAS website.
Firstly, the way that UK higher education works means there are different rules for UK, EU and international students. We’ll highlight the similarities and differences throughout ucas.com, but it might be worth checking our guide to UK higher education terms.
- Then get started on what to study, when to apply and how to get a place and a visa.
- Then find a course, and look out for our advice on how to choose a suitable course and conservatoire.
- Then start applying, if possible submitting your application before 1 October (18:00 UK time) for most music courses, or 29 January (18:00 UK time) for other courses. (Following UK COVID-19 restriction announcements the deadline for undergraduate applications has been extended from 15 January.) Exceptions can sometimes be made for international applicants though, or for postgraduate courses. Please check conservatoire websites for full details.
- Then look at finance and support, if you’ll need to arrange visas and to pay course fees or adjust to life in the UK.
Tips for international applications
We have specific advice for international students throughout our website.
All the tips are listed here too
Covering the cost of your studies
Before you decide which conservatoire to attend, you need to be absolutely certain you can pay for:
- the full cost of your tuition fees – check conservatoires’ websites for their fees
- everyday living expenses
- instruments or costumes
Take a look at our finance pages to find out more about student finance and the support available.