Tools to help applicants
Download useful guides from the related documents tabs.
- We update these resources across the year, including a range of toolkits designed for different parts of the application process.
- Plus the adviser newsletters we send to registered UCAS centres will let you know when there's anything new.
Undergraduate adviser guides
- Adviser guide 2014 – to undergraduate applications (test your knowledge with the quiz inside – answers here).
- Important changes – to the UCAS and CUKAS application schemes for 2014 entry.
- Pre-HE qualifications – UK and international, plus entry routes to higher education.
- Example applicant letters – sent to undergraduate applicants throughout the year.
Read our magazine for advisers
illume is our adviser magazine – published every January, April and September with articles on higher education, subjects, careers and policy changes across the UK.
These help you pass on vital information to students – with handy tools like classroom exercises and mythbusters.
- Pre-applicant toolkit – this will help you introduce higher education and applications to your students.
- Convention toolkit – understand the benefits for your students in attending one of our HE conventions, and find out how to make the most of them.
- Application toolkit – all the information you need to submit applications on the behalf of your students.
- International toolkit – useful for student advisers worldwide and international officers in UK higher education.
- Extra toolkit – all you need to know about Extra, to advise your students and their parents.
There's also an adviser presentation – you can use this to explain higher education applications at parents' evenings.
Handouts for your students
These are good for downloading, printing or sending to your students and their parents.
- There's a Scottish guide if they're interested in studying there (or as a resource for you).
- The undergraduate application flowchart – useful to have on the wall or as a handout.
- A map and guide for UK universities and colleges – good to print or give to UK and EU students.
- A map and guide for international students – a handy introduction to the UK higher education landscape.
- Making the most of auditions – a Conservatoires UK leaflet preparing students for performing arts auditions.
Great for introducing higher education to students and parents.
- The Little Guide 2014 – download on the right, pick up at UCAS conventions or order free of charge + p&p
- The Parent Guide 2014 – free of charge + p&p
- The UCAS Guide to Getting into University and College (Second Edition) – £12.99 + p&p
How to place orders
Call our external supplier on 0844 894 0013 – 08:30-17:30 GMT (terms & conditions in the related documents tab).
- Please use a credit/debit card as we cannot issue invoices.
- Postage and packing determined by weight, up to a max of £13 for up to 25kg (large orders priced on application).
- Outside office hours email firstname.lastname@example.org with your order details and a convenient date and (GMT) time you can be called to process your order and take credit/debit card details. (Please don't send credit/debit card details by email – we can't process your order this way.)
Subscribe to Adviser Track to keep up to date with your students' progress, so you can give them the best advice.