Tools to help applicants
Download useful guides from the related documents tabs.
- We update these resources across the year, including a range of toolkits designed for different parts of the application process.
- Plus the adviser newsletters we send to registered UCAS centres will let you know when there's anything new.
Undergraduate adviser guides
- Adviser guide 2015 – to undergraduate applications
- Important changes – to the UCAS and CUKAS application schemes for 2015 entry.
- Pre-HE qualifications – UK and international, plus entry routes to higher education.
- Adviser guide 2014 – to undergraduate applications (test your knowledge with the quiz inside – answers here).
- Example applicant letters – sent to undergraduate applicants throughout the year.
Qualification Information Profiles (QIPs)
QIPs provide objective, comparable information about qualifications which providers can use to inform decisions about the admission of students. They include a range of information such as size, grading, assessment, structure and content.
You can view the QIPs we have produced to date in related documents:
- selected EU and international qualifications
- selected Apprenticeships frameworks
- Access to HE Diploma and Scottish Wider Access Programme (SWAP)
- UK Benchmark qualifications
These help you pass on vital information to students – with handy tools like classroom exercises and mythbusters.
- Pre-applicant toolkit – this will help you introduce higher education and applications to your students.
- Confirmation and Clearing toolkit – everything you need to explain Confirmation, Clearing and Adjustment to your students.
- Convention toolkit – understand the benefits for your students in attending one of our HE conventions, and find out how to make the most of them.
- Application toolkit – all the information you need to submit applications on the behalf of your students.
- International toolkit – useful for student advisers worldwide and international officers in UK higher education.
- Extra toolkit – all you need to know about Extra, to advise your students and their parents.
- Supporting care leavers toolkit – this will help you understand what support is available to care leavers and how they can get information and advice when applying to higher education.
There's also an adviser presentation – you can use this to explain higher education applications at parents' evenings.
Handouts for your students and their parents
These are good for downloading, printing or sending to your students and their parents.
A list of courses offered in Scotland for 2015 available in both PDF and xls spreadsheet formats
- The undergraduate application flowchart – useful to have on the wall or as a handout.
- Making the most of auditions – a Conservatoires UK leaflet preparing students for performing arts auditions.
- Three posters to help your students –
1) Extra explained
2) Hints and tips to prepare for open days
3) Dates when your students need to make their replies by
- Applying to university handout – an overview of the application process
- A 'Hints and tips for your son or daughter' handout – for Year 12 parents' evenings
Great for introducing higher education to students and parents.
- The Little Guide 2015 – download on the right, pick up at UCAS conventions, or order free of charge + p&p
- The Parent Guide 2015 – free of charge + p&p
- The UCAS Guide to Getting into University and College (Second Edition) – £12.99 + p&p
How to place orders
Call our external supplier on 0844 894 0013 – 08:30-17:30 GMT (terms & conditions in the related documents tab).
- Please use a credit/debit card as we cannot issue invoices.
- Postage and packing determined by weight, up to a max of £13 for up to 25kg (large orders priced on application).
- Outside office hours email firstname.lastname@example.org with your order details and a convenient date and (GMT) time you can be called to process your order and take credit/debit card details. (Please don't send credit/debit card details by email – we can't process your order this way.)
Subscribe to Adviser Track to keep up to date with your students' progress, so you can give them the best advice.
The Go International website aims to support UK higher education by providing the latest policy, research, statistics, case studies and opportunities for study and work abroad. It also contains information on the benefits of international experience, as well as guidance on sources of funding.
Read our magazine for advisers
illume was our adviser magazine. We are no longer publishing illume, but you can still access our previous editions and read articles on higher education, subjects, careers and policy changes across the UK.