- When an applicant becomes eligible for Clearing an 'Add Clearing choice' button appears in their Track 'choices' screen which they can use to apply for a course.
- Applicants do not need to contact us to request entry into Clearing.
- Single choice applicants who have only paid the £12 application fee will need to pay the full fee to enter Clearing.
The Clearing process
The applicant contacts course providers to discuss vacancies. In summary:
- Applicants will be eligible for Clearing if they have no offers.
- A Clearing number will be displayed in Track.
- Vacancies will be listed on ucas.com, in The Telegraph and on provider websites.
- Applicants contact providers to discuss course vacancies.
- If an applicant is offered a place they want to accept, they enter the provider and course details in Track.
- Only courses that have vacancies can be entered in Track.
- Applicants who do not have access to Track can phone UCAS on 0871 468 0 468.
- Applicant details are sent to the Clearing choice and a decision is made – accept or unsuccessful.
- If an unsuccessful decision is received another choice can be entered for consideration.