This UCAS toolkit is designed to help you pass on key information about Confirmation, Clearing, and Adjustment to your students and their parents.
Useful information for advisers
- What's new for 2020? From Clearing Plus to changes in embargo timings – take a look at what’s new to make sure you know what’s changing this year.
- The Exam Results Helpline is back for August 2020! If your students receive unexpected exam results they can get in touch – more information will be available from the Department from Education before August.
- Results days emails for advisers – on SQA and A level results days, we will email registered centres with a list of students who have not had their places confirmed. We're only able to offer this where applicants are taking qualifications with which UCAS has a formal Awarding Body Linkage.
- Results days emails for applicants – following the success of last year’s emails, we will once again be sending applicants timely emails on SQA and A level results days to support their decision-making. Dependent on the status of their application, they will receive useful links and relevant information – whether they are placed, unplaced, or conditional (still awaiting a decision).
- Extra – if any of your students have used all five choices, and aren’t holding any offers, they can add another choice using Extra – available now until 5 July.
Resources for your students and their parents, carers, or guardians
- New: Parent guide to Clearing – we’ve published useful information which you can copy and share through your communication channels with parents, guardians, and carers. It provides all the key pointers, which will hopefully ensure they’re more informed and know what to expect on results days.
- FAQs – to provide clarity on frequently asked questions in the lead up to results days.