Why take a gap year?
A gap year offers you the opportunity to gain skills and experiences, while giving you time to reflect and focus on what you want to do next.
- A productive gap year can be valuable on your CV – many employers value the experiences students have gained if they’ve actively managed their time, set themselves goals, and stretched themselves.
- If you decide to apply for uni, you could tailor your gap year to relate it to the subject area you plan to study.
Things to consider
- What do you want to do with your gap year? Careful thought and planning is essential.
- How will you fund your travels?
- Don’t forget to keep in mind what you want to do afterwards. This will make it easier to transition to work/study when you return.