We are proud to offer one of the largest Higher Education provisions within a Further Education setting locally.
Studying at a higher level at college is a great way to further your studies whether you are returning to study, continuing after college or studying alongside work - and it is extremely cost-effective!
Our specialist teaching staff all have experience in their fields and embed years of knowledge into all of their teaching. We offer a wide range of facilities and resources which will equip you to gain your qualification.
Our courses have much smaller class sizes than traditional university courses, this means that the support you receive is exceptional, with detailed and timely feedback allowing you to improve and excel.
From 2023, HSDC will be part of the brand new South Coast Institute of Technology, working as a collaboration between five Further Education colleges and two universities, backed by more than £13 million in funding from the Department for Education.
What makes us different
Top reasons for studying at HSDC
- SIGNIFICANT SAVINGS ON FEES – with full access to tuition fee loans via Student Finance England
- STAYING CLOSE TO HOME – save on accommodation costs and/or stay close to family and friends
- CONVENIENT FLEXIBLE STUDY – most courses take place one day a week; allowing time to work, for family and professional development
- GREAT ON-CAMPUS FACILITIES - including car parking, nursery, gym and restaurants
- SMALL CLASS SIZES – providing greater quality tutor support and guidance from our expert lecturers
- LINKS TO LOCAL EMPLOYERS – we work with a number of employers developing the professional and technically focused curriculum, providing opportunities for employment, work experience and mentoring
- AWARDED BY REPUTABLE UNIVERSITIES – the course curriculum is provided, supported and awarded by local universities such as University of Portsmouth and University of Chichester providing you with access to their on-site resources and highly regarded qualifications