If you want a university experience that excites and challenges you in your ambition, and gives you the support to get there, we’re your place.
Inspired by our talented research and teaching staff, our graduates can take their learning and passion into the world and use it for good – from helping communities devastated by conflicts, to creating technologies that save lives, to bringing positive change through new ways of thinking.
Sustainability is one of our top priorities, as reflected in our curriculum and research. Across the globe, our academics are engaged in projects to restore and protect our natural landscapes. At home, we’re committed to making our environment as green as possible.
We’re lucky to be situated in the South Downs. Our sunny, safe campus – with stunning architecture – is surrounded by a national park, and yet close to the ever-vibrant city fof Brighton & Hove and miles of glorious coastline.It’s a winning combination.
What makes us different
- Sussex helps students to flourish by stimulating their intellect and imagination so they can make an original and meaningful contribution to the world.
- The city of Brighton offers everything students could want for an amazing university experience: culture, entertainment, great travel connections – and it’s by the sea.
- Sussex offers a welcoming, safe and supportive campus community surrounded by the green spaces and tranquillity of the South Downs national park.
- With world-leading development courses and highly regarded business programmes, Sussex has a reputation for expertise in sustainability and innovation.
- A university with an international reputation, Sussex welcomes students to its friendly community of academics and students of over 150 nationalities.
It's great how the University is introducing ideas of sustainability across the curriculum because you can see how it links with every single subject.