Mark as read

Planned maintenance: 15 – 17 December

Due to planned maintenance, the services below will be unavailable from 20:00 on Friday 15 December until 23:59 (UK time) on Sunday 17 December:

  • UCAS Undergraduate Apply and Track
  • UCAS Conservatoires Apply and Track
  • UCAS Teacher Training Apply, Track, and the search tool
  • UCAS Postgraduate Apply
During this time, you won’t be able to work on your application, sign in to Track, or use the UCAS Teacher Training search tool.
Mark as read

Customer Experience Centre availability – 13 December

Our Customer Experience Centre will close at 15:45 (UK time) on Wednesday 13 December for staff training. It will open again, as usual, at 08:30 (UK time) on Thursday 14 December.

Disabled students

Most universities and colleges have disability coordinators and advisers. You can speak to them about the support available, and get some advice here.
Relevant to
Guidance for disabled students
How to apply for support and how your university can help.
View more videos


We use BrowseAloud on our site. BrowseAloud can read information and advice pages to you using its text-to-speech software. You can also choose to simplify web pages to make them easier to read as well as magnifying text.

To use the service, just select the Listen/translate with BrowseAloud option on our page footer. This will open up the BrowseAloud tool enabling you to use all of BrowseAloud’s features. You do not need to be signed in to use the tool. If you’re using an internet browser other than Google Chrome you’ll need to have Flash installed and enabled to use the software. 

Take a look at our accessibility information for more advice on other features of our website.

Course providers welcome almost 30,000 disabled students each year, meaning there’s already lots of on-campus support available. Most universities and colleges have disability coordinators and advisers.

If you have an impairment, mental health condition, or learning difficulty, it’s a good idea to contact course providers to discuss what you might need as early as possible – even before sending your application.

Disability services

University disability advisory services give information, advice and guidance to disabled students and staff who support them. They can also help with organising study support.

Funding for disabled students

You may be entitled to Disabled Students Allowances (DSAs) for physical or mental impairments, long-term or mental health conditions, or specific learning difficulties such as dyslexia.

This funding covers the cost of the support you need – e.g. specialist equipment and non-medical helpers – like a note-taker or reader.

  1. First you’ll need either a letter from your doctor or consultant confirming your impairment or health condition, or a diagnostic assessment of your learning difficulty from a psychologist or specialist teacher.
  2. Then you apply for DSA through your regional funding organisation – Student Finance England, Student Finance Northern Ireland, Student Awards Agency for Scotland or Student Finance Wales. It can take up to three months to arrange, so make sure you apply early.
  3. If you’re eligible you’ll then have an assessment to work out what you need – find an assessment centre near your course provider via the DSAs Quality Assurance Group website.
  4. Once everything’s arranged, the money will be paid directly to either your service/equipment providers, or to your bank account.

Find out more about DSAs