Postgraduate study might be the ideal investment in reaching the career you want – either strengthening your knowledge and skills, or taking on a new career direction.
How UCAS can help
There are many different types of postgraduate study, so first we’ll show you what’s available. Then if you decide to apply, we’ll show you which application route you'll need to follow.
- Thinking about postgraduate study – for UK students (1.22 MB)
- Thinking about postgraduate study – for international students (1.02 MB)
You can find postgraduate courses in this section of the website – some of which you can apply to through our postgraduate service UKPASS, and some of which you apply for directly to the course provider.
However, for some specific postgraduate courses you should apply through other areas of the website:
- Performance-based courses at a conservatoire – all the undergraduate and postgraduate options for performance-based courses.
- Postgraduate Teacher Training in England – a separate application to provide you with school placements while you train.
- Postgraduate Teacher Education in Scotland and MA/MSc courses in social work, nursing or medicine, or LLB accelerated programmes – these are located in the UCAS Undergraduate application service.
Interested in finding out more about your postgraduate options?
Sign up to receive our online postgraduate information pack – a free step-by-step guide to applying for a postgraduate course. Each month, we’ll also send you topical information on all things postgraduate, including information from other students who’ve already been through the process.