Finance and support
Uni is a big investment, so you may need a student loan from one of the regional student finance organisations – they advise you to apply by around May/June before the start of your course. You might be eligible for extra funding from other organisations too.
Universities and colleges have different ways they can support you in higher education.
- If so, you’ll need to prove your English language skills, and make an application through UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI).
- Your university or college will help you to apply, and you can enter your passport details here on ucas.com when you fill in your application or after you have submitted it.
- Make a schedule and arrange any childcare you need.
- Ask for help if there are any skills you need to update.
- Take time to settle in and talk to other students and support staff.
If you're applying for student finance through Student Finance England or Wales
If you are an independent student and you're estranged from your parents, you can find information about support, financing your studies and accommodation options in the StandAlone student guide.
Sponsored links you may find useful – undergraduate