The deadline for some art and design courses is 18:00 (UK time) on Saturday 24 March.
- Using a range of material you'll undertake course activities and assignments with regular support from your tutor, interacting with fellow students via email, online forums, phone and virtual conferencing.
- It often includes day schools or residential weekends where you work with other students on a specific project, followed by continued contact with the team as you continue to work together, and resulting in another residential where results are presented and assessed.
We don’t offer a central admissions service for distance learning, you apply direct to the uni or college.
At work I'm able to manage my priorities, and communicate and explain my ideas to other people – I learned this from doing assignments and preparing for exams.
Work-based learning (WBL)
- You can use your work activities in your assignments.
- University and college tutors still support you.
- Your study load is lighter as you're learning 'on the job', and you can earn a salary.
Some course providers partner with official organisations to create customised programmes – right through from Certificate to Doctorate level. For example, the Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) offers a flexible study programme for those already working in the industry who want to qualify officially.
Flexible study means the course is spread over four years for part-time students, which allows me to balance the course content with family life and working full-time at Pearson.
This can give you a great mix of learning from the experts while also teaching yourself, and the course materials are available online 24/7.