It's a good idea to talk about your higher education options in person.
- UCAS events and course provider open days give you the chance to ask questions and to see what's available.
- Come to a UCAS event to talk to course provider reps and to compare different courses.
- Go to a course provider open day to explore the campus and get insights from staff and students.
UCAS higher education conventions
Open days video
Signed video about open days
UCAS events for exploring higher education
These are great ways to find out more about higher education and see some of the best resources and deals you can get.
- We run lots of events around the country for different stages of the application process.
- You can talk to us, to universities, colleges and other course providers, professional bodies and commercial companies too. You can also get advice on finance and other information useful for students.
- There's plenty to help you out – whether you have some or no idea what to study, or if you've applied and you're looking for student deals or careers info.
Open days for visiting course providers
These are great chances to see where you'll be learning and where you could be living
- Picture yourself living at the university and see if you think you'll be happy there.
- See what the course provider's facilities are like.
- Ask students and staff anything you'd like to know more about.
Heading to an open day helps you see if the place feels right. It also gives you a chance to get any answers you need before applying to study there.
Dedicated advice: download our Open up! guide from related documents – full of advice to help you get the most out of open days.
When open days are
Check the list of universities, colleges and conservatoires in the related documents (updated every Monday) – open day dates can be found within the details for each of them – or view them all in date order. They're well worth a visit!
But don't worry if you miss one – you can often arrange a visit on a different day, and many course providers make open day podcasts you can listen to.