How to add courses
If you've used five choices you may be able to use Extra if:
- you've received decisions from all five universities and colleges
- you weren't accepted or you decided to decline any offers you received
If you didn't use five choices you can add more in Track:
- if it's before 30 June and you've not accepted or declined your offers
- as long as you originally only applied to one choice and you pay the extra £11 in Track to add more
How to use Extra
How do you add more courses in Extra?
Extra is a free service – open between 25 February and 2 July. If it's available to you it'll show up as a button when you log in to track your application.
- Search for courses with Extra availability (and opt in to UCAS Media mailings if you'd like to get emails from unis and colleges with vacancies). In our search tool, search or browse for the subject you’re interested in and then click ‘Applying through Extra’ on the left-hand side of the screen to view a list. Watch a demo of this in our video guide above.
- Maybe think about related or alternative subjects.
- Get in touch with the university or college to check they can consider you.
- Then add the details in Track.
If you do consider Extra, please note you can only apply to one course at a time, meaning you'll not be able to have an insurance choice.
If you have any questions about Extra, please check our FAQs in related documents.
Sponsored links you may find useful:
What happens next?
Then if you're offered a place you want you just need to accept it in Track.
- Make sure you reply by the date shown in Track.
- And then you'll be committed to that course so you can't apply to any more in Extra.
Or you can add another choice – either if you decline the offer or you don't get a decision within 21 days, you can then add a different choice. It might occasionally take universities/colleges longer than 21 days to reply – if so it's up to you whether to wait or replace them with a different Extra choice.
Don't worry if you don't get an offer you want in Extra – you can check out Clearing to see if there are any other vacancies.