Terms and Conditions
When you begin creating content for UCAS you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions as set out below. Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully before you start creating the content. UCAS reserves the right to alter these Terms and Conditions without prior notice. UCAS will notify you of any changes to Terms and Conditions.
1. All the content (text, graphics, and video) you choose to share shall be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary, and you grant UCAS a royalty free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, fully sub-licensable and worldwide right and licence to use, reproduce and deal with such content by all means whatsoever (including, without limitation in print and in electronic form).
2. The content is for private, non-commercial use by you.
3. You agree not to use your content to:
- post any content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, profane, vulgar, obscene, invasive of another person’s privacy, hateful, fraudulent, discriminatory, provokes or encourages violence or is racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable
- impersonate any person or entity, or misrepresent your relationship with any person or entity
- post any content which you do not have a right to post
- post any content that may damage the reputation or good will of UCAS
- post any content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any person or entity
- post any content that would infringe any UK laws
- harass another
- collect or store personal data about other users
- provide any links to any website if the presence of such link and the content accessible through such link would breach these Terms and Conditions
- share any unsolicited or unauthorised commercial advertising or promotional materials
- share any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, damage, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment
- promote the use of alcohol or drugs
Violation of any of the above paragraph 3 will lead to the immediate removal of all material posted by you without notice, warning or explanation to you, and such violation could lead to legal action being taken against you by the authorities or an aggrieved party. For the avoidance of doubt, nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall restrict the freedom of UCAS staff to question and test received wisdom, and put forward new ideas and controversial or unpopular opinions.
4. UCAS invites users to notify it of any content (both text and graphic) that does not, in the user’s opinion, comply with these Terms and Conditions. UCAS undertakes to address any complaints promptly and without bias or prejudice.
5. You acknowledge and agree that serious and/or persistent violation of these Terms and Conditions will result in UCAS using any information in its possession to take appropriate action, and this shall not be limited to passing information to parents, guardians, schools, employers, email providers, or the police.
6. The content may provide, or third parties may provide, links to other World Wide Web sites or resources. Because UCAS has no control over such sites and resources, you acknowledge and agree that UCAS is not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from such sites or resources. You further acknowledge and agree that UCAS shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such site or resource.
7. Contributors who are under 16 years of age are urged by UCAS to get the agreement of a parent or guardian before providing us content, and are further urged not to reveal any personal details, including where they live, where they attend school, how old they are, or what their telephone number is.
8. You agree to indemnify UCAS fully against any liabilities, claims, costs, loss (including consequential loss) or damage incurred as a result of any material you provide, or as a result of any breach by you of these Terms and Conditions.
9. These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of England and Wales.