Resources to help you help your students search for courses and decide what to do, including lesson plans, and websites and services for schools.
Resources to use with your students
Useful websites and services for schools
- TES Growing Ambitions – information and resources for teachers and careers professionals
- Inspiring the future – free service with volunteers from lots of sectors and professions going into schools and colleges to talk about their jobs
- Speakers for Schools – the 'sister' charity to Inspiring the future
- My Big Career – charity supporting the provision of 1:1 careers guidance for young people from disadvantaged backgrounds
- Bright Knowledge – charity helping young people access the education and career pathways they might not think were available to them, providing careers info, advice, online mentoring and online resources
- Future First – organisation supporting schools and colleges setting up an alumni community to offer support to current students, such as career and educational role models, mentors and work experience
- Prince's Trust – runs a range of programmes working with disadvantaged young people
- Informed Choices – Russell Group guide to making decisions about post-16 education, with a view to going on to higher education
- LifeSkills – a range of free, interactive curriculum-linked lesson plans, workshops and resources to help young people develop the skills to enter the world of work and access work experience opportunities, traineeships and Apprenticeships.