How open days can help
These are days where potential applicants can explore conservatoire campuses and facilities. You can meet students and staff, ask questions and see if you think you’d be happy there. If you can't make one of the dates, don’t worry – get in touch with them and see if they’ll arrange a different day for you.
- Royal Birmingham Conservatoire
- Bristol Old Vic Theatre School
- Leeds Conservatoire
- Royal Academy of Music
- Royal College of Music
- Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Royal Northern College of Music
- Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama
- Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance
Preparing for open days
- Make a shortlist – visiting every conservatoire might be a bit ambitious, so choose the ones where you most like the sound of the courses.
- What to expect – each conservatoire will have planned an itinerary of tours, talks and chances to ask questions.
- Plan ahead – think about what you’d like to find out more about and which departments you'd like to look at.
- Taster sessions – as well as attending an open day, you could see if they run taster sessions to give a flavour of the course you’re interested in.