These statistical releases describe applicants and applications from the 2017 UCAS Undergraduate cycle at the 15 January deadline.
This release includes the ten reports in the same format as previous cycles, covering different characteristics of applicants (including domicile, age, and sex) and provision type (including country of provider and subject).
For this cycle, we have also introduced a new report on ethnic group of applicants. We’ve also produced CSV files containing the data reported within these releases.
For this release, we have also introduced a subset of the sector-level reports for applicants to nursing courses (within subject group ‘B7’). These reports include applicants who have made at least one choice to a ‘B7’ nursing course. The CSV files for these reports do not contain rows for which the value rounds to zero. This is to avoid identification of small numbers.
The primary set of statistics covers all applications in the UCAS Undergraduate scheme:
- Summary statistics of applicants (284.26 KB)
- Analysis of applicants by domicile (293.69 KB)
- Analysis of applicants by sex and age (349.6 KB)
- Analysis of applicants by reapplication status (278.14 KB)
- Analysis of applicants by applications (288.38 KB)
- Analysis of applications by type and country of provider (314.94 KB)
- Analysis of applicants by subject group and applicant domicile (347.45 KB)
- Analysis of applicants by single age (468.52 KB)
- Analysis of applicants by subject group and sex (436.1 KB)
- Analysis of applicants by ethnic group (299.47 KB)
- UK 18 year old application rates (278.24 KB)
- CSVs of all the reports (64.08 KB)
The additional reports cover nursing applicants:
- Summary statistics of nursing applicants (285.25 KB)
- Analysis of nursing applicants by sex and age (348.92 KB)
- UK 18 year old application rates to nursing - 2017 (280.16 KB)
- CSVs of all the nursing reports - 2017 (9.25 KB)
An Analysis report (979.3 KB) looking at population-referenced application rates for those who submit their application to UCAS by the January deadline has also been published. This report covers application rates by UK country, region, parliamentary constituency, age, sex, background, and qualifications.