An apprenticeship in hair and beauty is a practical, work-based route into your chosen careers. You will gain the qualifications and skills to work in the field while earning a salary and not paying tuition fees.
It's a great starting point if you want to work in the hair and beauty sector. You could be doing wedding make-up or cutting hair for celebrities, for example.
Career opportunities from a hair and beauty apprenticeship
An apprenticeship in the industry can lead to a range of careers, including a:
Getting a good basis of how hair and beauty work is a great foundation if you want to start your own salon or company one day.
- You’ll get to work with lots of people.
- There are lots of different areas you can move into.
- Every day will be different.
- You might have to work evenings and weekends.
- You’ll be on your feet a lot of the day.
- Starting salaries can be lower than other industries.
You might be interested in a hair and beauty apprenticeship if you:
- are passionate about hair and beauty
- want to help people look and feel confident
- are entrepreneurial and interested in starting your own business or salon
You might be a good fit for a hair and beauty apprenticeship if you:
- are bubbly and chatty
- have good attention to detail
- are willing to learn
- are passionate about the field