What is a hair and beauty apprenticeship?
An apprenticeship in hair and beauty is a practical, work-based route into your chosen careers. You will gain the qualifications and skills to work in the field while earning a salary and not paying tuition fees.
It's a great starting point if you want to work in the hair and beauty sector. You could be doing wedding make-up or cutting hair for celebrities, for example.
Career opportunities from a hair and beauty apprenticeship
An apprenticeship in the industry can lead to a range of careers, including a:
Getting a good basis of how hair and beauty work is a great foundation if you want to start your own salon or company one day.
- You’ll get to work with lots of people.
- There are lots of different areas you can move into.
- Every day will be different.
- You might have to work evenings and weekends.
- You’ll be on your feet a lot of the day.
- Starting salaries can be lower than other industries.
Who would suit a hair and beauty apprenticeship?
You might be interested in a hair and beauty apprenticeship if you:
- are passionate about hair and beauty
- want to help people look and feel confident
- are entrepreneurial and interested in starting your own business or salon
You might be a good fit for a hair and beauty apprenticeship if you:
- are bubbly and chatty
- have good attention to detail
- are willing to learn
- are passionate about the field
Check out which employers are currently hiring apprenticeships in the hair and beauty sector, from the likes of Toni & Guy.
Search for hair and beauty apprenticeships
Want to see what vacancies are out there or ready to apply? Use our Career Finder tool to search for your perfect apprenticeship.
Search for vacancies
Looking for jobs and apprenticeships? We can match you to potential employers.
Just create a UCAS account and fill in a quick form to tell us what you are interested in, where you live, and how far you want to travel.