I have been in care in the past – am I care experienced or estranged?

If you've been in local authority care at any time in your past, you may be considered ‘care experienced’ – there's a separate question on the application to share information about this.

You're free to choose 'Yes' for both questions – the university or college may get in touch to find out more so they know how to help you the best they can.

Find out more about applying to university or college if you have been in care.

read more frequently asked questions