If you’re not sure how to pay for postgraduate study, don’t worry – there’s a wide range of finance and support available to help you. 
Relevant to
James Pool - postgraduate case study
James Pool shares the concerns he had about how he'd fit in studying around a busy home life.

Student finance

Postgraduate study is a big investment, but you might be able to get funding or a career development loan.

Student support

Course providers can offer support for any worries, anxieties or individual needs you have.

  • Pop into your students’ union to join socials, activities and societies.
  • Get support for worries or concerns about university life.

Are you ready?

Do you have everything prepared that you need to start your studies? Find out with our checklist.

Disabled students

Universities and colleges have a range of different ways they can support disabled students in higher education.

International students

If you live outside the UK, you’ll need to arrange a Tier 4 student visa – unless you’re an EEA or Swiss national. If you’re already studying here on an undergraduate student visa, you may need to apply for a new one for postgraduate study.

  • If so, you’ll need to prove your English language skills, and make an application through UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI).
  • Your university or college will help you to apply, and you can enter your passport details here on ucas.com when you fill in your application, or after you have submitted it.

Find out what the EU referendum means for you

Was this page helpful?

Yes  No