Making an application to UCAS Teacher Training
This in-depth video takes you through the entire process of making an application once you've decided which training programme is right for you.
UCAS Teacher Training is for postgraduate teacher training programmes in England and Wales. Apply through UCAS Undergraduate for all teacher training programmes in Scotland.
You can apply for training programmes starting in 2019 now.
Scottish training programmes are available through our undergraduate scheme.
- There’s quite a bit to fill in, but you don’t need to do it all at once – you can save your application and sign back in at any time.
- There’s an overview below of what you’ll need to do, and there’s step-by-step advice in the Apply system.
- You will not be able to submit your application until both references are complete – to speed up the process, contact your referees ahead of time.
- You can only apply once in a cycle. Please don't apply more than once in a cycle, as you can't receive a refund for further applications. If you've applied in previous cycles and want to apply again, you'll have to submit a new application.
- When adding your choices to your application, double check the availability of the programmes – you don't want to waste your time applying to programmes without spaces!
For training programmes in Wales, you can apply in Welsh.
1. First you register to use Apply
2. Then sign in to fill in the rest of your personal details
3. Some additional info (UK applicants only)
4. Then you add your programme choices
5. Your education so far
6. Your school and work experience
7. Then you write your personal statement
8. Then you get two references
9. Now you pay your fee and send your application
10. What if you want to make a change to your application?