UCAS Teacher Training is for postgraduate teacher training programmes in England and Wales. Apply through UCAS Undergraduate for all teacher training programmes in Scotland.
Before you get started there are some important points to note:
- Applications for programmes starting in 2021 can be submitted from 13 October.
- Apply 1 is the first stage in the application process. At this point, you can apply for up to three choices at the same time. Find out more about Apply 1.
- There’s quite a bit to fill in, but you don’t need to do it all at once – you can save your application and sign back in at any time.
- You will not be able to submit your application until both references are complete – to speed up the process, contact your referees ahead of time.
- You can only apply once in a cycle. Please don't apply more than once in a cycle, as you can't receive a refund for further applications. If you've applied in previous cycles and want to apply again, you'll have to submit a new application.
- When adding your choices to your application, double check the availability of the programmes – you don't want to waste your time applying to programmes without spaces!
- For training programmes in Wales, you can apply in Welsh.
- The Department of Education (DfE) is developing a new application service called ‘Apply for teacher training’. Some providers in England are using the system to accept applications for programmes starting in 2021. If you’re applying to a provider who is using the new DfE system, you can choose to apply via ‘Apply for teacher training’ or UCAS ‘Apply’. It’s really important you don’t submit the same choice via both systems, as duplicate choices will be flagged and we’ll request one is removed.
1. First you register to use Apply
2. Then sign in to fill in the rest of your personal details
3. Some additional info (UK applicants only)
4. Then you add your programme choices
5. Your education so far
6. Your school and work experience
7. Then you write your personal statement
8. Then you get two references
9. Now you pay your fee and send your application
10. Tracking progress and making changes