The fees charged depend on the conservatoire(s), type of course and if:
- the audition is a live performance or a recording
- separate auditions are required for two study areas, for example, different instruments, singing or conducting
- the audition is held in the UK or overseas
- the application is received at UCAS by 18:00 (UK time) on 3 October, or 'late' (received at UCAS after 18:00 (UK time) on 3 October) for music courses. For dance, drama or musical theatre courses, the deadline may be different. Please refer to conservatoires' websites for information
- an audition is required
Our search tool displays the locations and fees for the assessment/audition for each course under the 'Assessment info' tab.
After completing your application in Apply, when you click on 'pay and send', Apply will calculate and display your audition or assessment fees.
If you will have difficulties paying your audition/assessment fees: some conservatoires will waive fees if you're unable to pay. Contact the conservatoires directly to discuss this and provide evidence of hardship. This must be agreed before you apply and you should inform us when you submit your application that you are paying a reduced overall fee.
How to pay
Use a credit or debit card to pay your application fee and audition/assessment fees online. If you do not have a credit or debit card, you can use someone else's with their permission. We accept UK and international Visa, Visa Electron, JCB, MasterCard and Maestro credit or debit cards. At the moment we do not accept American Express or Diners Club cards.
If you are unable to use a credit or debit card, you can pay by cheque, postal order or bank transfer. In this case, once you have completed all sections of your application and verified your email address, you will reach the Pay & Send screen. If you agree to the declaration you then go through to the Payment screen. If you do not have one of the cards we accept, please click on the link – this takes you to an invoice to print off, and will give you instructions as to when and how to send the payment with the printed invoice.
If you have forgotten to print off the invoice, please follow these instructions:
You must enclose a letter with your payment - remember to include your name, address and Personal ID and attach it to your payment.
Cheques and postal orders must be made payable to UCAS and crossed 'Account payee only'.
If you are paying by bank transfer you must send the official bank receipt; we cannot accept a photocopy.
The bank account details are:
- Bank name: Barclays Bank plc
- Bank address: 128 High Street, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, GL50 1EL
- Account name: UCAS International Account
- Account number: 20802182
- Sort code: 20-20-15
- Swift code/BIC number: BARCGB22
- IBAN number: GB52 BARC 2020 1520 8021 82
- Payment Reference: use your Personal ID as the payment reference
All payments must be in GB pounds sterling. We do not accept Uniform Eurocheques. Write your name, address and Personal ID on the back of your cheque, postal order or other payment document and send it to UCAS Conservatoires, Rosehill, New Barn Lane, Cheltenham, GL52 3LZ.