'It’s life changing!'
University isn't just about learning, the experience will enrich your life. You will:
- increase your knowledge – study what you love, you’re interested in and with the top experts in their fields
- get your first true taste of independence and freedom, build self-confidence, experience all aspects of student life, broaden your horizons and meet new people
- gain a qualification that’s internationally recognised - UK higher education qualifications are recognised and respected by employers and academics worldwide
- develop the essential skills you’ll need in your career and working life – communication, organisation, time management, team work, leadership, problem-solving
- increase your earning potential – having a degree makes you more attractive to employers, you’ll have a greater choice of jobs and you’ll earn more. The average salary for graduates is 30% higher than for non-graduates aged 25-30. In 2013–14 , 90% of all graduates were in work or further study within six months of leaving university
- experience student life – yes, you’re expected to work hard but uni is also fun. Whatever your interests, there are a huge range of clubs, societies and a diverse social life on offer
What you end up valuing the most may be a lot more than your course and you can make friends for life
- Choose from more than 37,000 courses in over 25 subject areas.
- You can focus on subjects you've studied at school, extending and deepening your knowledge in a subject you have a passion for, or a career you're aiming for.
- Some subjects will be new to you and could be your new passion. Many courses offer opportunities to combine subjects to suit your interests and preferences.